WE CAN'T DO IT ALONE!
WON'T YOU PLEASE HELP US?
PLANNED PETHOOD, INC. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Planned Pethood depends on our dedicated volunteers to save the lives of local dogs and cats. We also depend on the generous support of donors, like you, to help us provide our services.
Adoption fees do not cover our expenses for vetting the dogs and cats in our adoption program. Your donations allow us to provide medical care for all the dogs and cats we rescue.
- You can designate your company's United Way contribution to go to Planned Pethood by writing our name in on the third section of your pledge form.
- Our unique number for the United Way campaign is E336.
- In addition, many employers will match your personal donation to Planned Pethood.
- If your company has a matching gift program, please mail us the form, along with your donation, and we will process it for you.
- Please note that employer matching gifts may also be available to retired employees and to the spouse/widow/widower of employees.
Help us save a dog or a cat! Your support has played a key role in our success in helping the animals in our community. When you make a donation to our general fund you are allowing us an unrestricted way to pay off our most urgent bills and keep our rescue going.
Click HERE to make your donation today.
Maybe you have enough animals at home and can't fit one more in but you still really want to help one of our animals. By making a donation you can virtually adopt. Your donation might pay for a round of shots, surgery, a bag of food or kitty litter. No matter what, your donation matters. Select what animal you want to virtually adopt, with your $25 donation, and we will put your name on their bio for others to be inspired by your generosity.
Click HERE to virtually adopt today!
It's tough when we lose a loved one. If it's a human that loves animals or a pet, the loss feels the dame. Our In Memorium page is a place to honor those who have passed. Send us a picture and we can include that too. In time of grief, remembering the love, laughs and the peacful times, eases that pain. Your donation and tribute will be posted on our website.
Click HERE to honor your loved one.
Please consider us when you plan your estate. (Often called "Planned Giving" or a "Bequest".)
- Bequests are the transfers of wealth that occur upon a donor's death that include transers by means of a will or a trust. Bequests can take several forms.
- Specific Bequest - a certain amount of cash, securities, or property.
- General Bequest - property that is similar to all other items distributed, usually cash.
- Percentage Bequest - a stated percentage of the donor's estate.
- Residual Bequest - all or a portion of what remains of the estate after specific and general bequests are distributed.
- Besides a straight bequest, you can also set up a trust that will benefit Planned Pethood during or after your lifetime.
Another way to leave money is to name Planned Pethood as your beneficiary of an insurance policy or as the recipient of your IRA or retirement fund.
- Examples: The donor designates that 35% of his gross estate be given to Planned Pethood, Inc. (of Northwest Ohio). Please speak to your attorney.
When you are purchasing your new plates this year, please consider purchasing the new Ohio Pet plates. When you do, your donation goes to rescues throughout Ohio. It might even go to Planned Pethood, who knows. Proceeds from the sale of the plate will go to the Ohio Pet Fund, a nonprofit corporation. Money in the fund is used to support programs for the spaying and neutering of dogs and cats for adoption from Ohio shelters and nonprofit organizations, and for those pets whose owners are unable to afford its cost.
- FOOD. This is our greatest need. Please no puppy food.
- Dog and cat beds.
- Dog and cat toys.
- Dog and cat treats.
- Martingale collars or web collars with sturdy metal buckles. Please no leather collars, no collars with plastic buckles.
- Fold-down crates: all sizes, new or used.
- Cat Litter. We love cheap, clay litter.
- Litter boxes.
- Puppy training pads.
- Medicines, for example heart worm and flea preventative.
- Paper towels, bleach, and other cleaning supplies.
- 1st-class postage stamps.
- Copy paper, colored paper, 2-pocket folders, card stock.
- Printer ink cartridges.
- Gas cards so we can drive our big truck and our transport van to adoption events and to pick up whole neighborhoods of animals to get fixed.
- Gift cards for us to purchase the supplies we need.
for more information